The sheer of air at your power clamping command.
Steel-Smith Pneumatic Toggle Clamps combine the unfaltering Steel-smith toggle action with the speed and efficiency of pneumatic actuators. These clamps yield high-speed operations with secure and finely controlled clamping pressures. Any number of these clamps can be operated instantly at the touch of a switch and where required they can be arranged to operate in any desired clamping sequence. Pneumatic Toggle Clamps are available in a variety of actions and models to meet the various clamping requirements.
What is a Pneumatic Toggle Clamp?
A Pneumatic Toggle clamp is a basically a Toggle Clamp actuated with a double acting pneumatic cylinder.
The Clamps consists of a double acting cylinder, a clamping arm, linkages for multiplying the applied force, and a base for mounting at the workplace on its base.
Air pressure in applied in the clamping port, which thereby moves the clamping arm to hold the work piece. A required clamping force is achieved and exerted on the work piece. Under this action the Toggle Clamp Holds the work piece firmly and positively. To unlock the clamp the air pressure is applied in the unclamping port.
- Pneumatic Toggle Clamps relieve operator of strenuous clamping movement
- A number of clamps can be used simultaneously
- A number of clamps with different sequences can be simultaneously operated
- One or more clamps can be controlled from the machine panel
- One or more clamps can be operated from different positions
- Clamps stay locked in the event of air failure
- Low air consumption with maximum leverage
- Large opening angle ensures easy component removal
- Assurance of a maximum power-to movement ratio
- Production time is reduced by 40%